As an artist, I associate many things in my life in terms of visual imagery. For most of our relationship, I've strongly connected us with the symbolism of the dragon and phoenix. We're both passionate people in many respects, yet we're both still very different. Plus, in our first L5R campaign, I played a shugenja from the Phoenix clan, and Cody played a samurai from the Dragon clan. It was pretty early in our relationship, so maybe that had something to do with it. It's also no coincidence that two of the main characters for my second graphic novel are a dragon and a phoenix...
In Chinese culture, the dragon and phoenix are considered an auspicious and powerful pair, representing the union of the emperor and empress, man and woman, yin and yang, and essentially wedded bliss. Seems appropriate to me. I'm not sure how much of that imagery will be incorporated into the wedding, but at the very least I know that there will be feathers and bright, fiery colors.
Besides, it gives me an excuse to incorporate pure AWESOME into my wedding. I can't say no to that.
No comments:
Post a Comment