Wednesday, May 4, 2011

One month down...

...one year to go!

I've been busy the last month. Not just with visiting family and friends, school, and life as usual, but also with being distracted by random ideas for planning and designing this huge party known as a wedding.

In addition to all the help offered by my close friends and family, I've decided to enlist the more local help of wedding planner Megan Keller of A Kurant Event. Even though her services are going to cost me roughly a third of my total budget, I think she's going to be an awesome investment in my sanity. We had our first official meeting today, and it went great! We visited a potential venue that's both kick-ass AND affordable. It's a private fine art gallery down in South Lake Union with a lot of character.

On the fashion front, I'm heavily considering doing a custom Wai-Ching wedding dress, and then doing these kimonos for my lovely bridesmaids:


...but with slightly different colors. Chrissy hand-dyes all her stuff, and seems very open to customizing her designs. I'm in the process of contacting her, so we'll see how that goes! One of the big selling points for me was her price range. For everyday fashion, she's totally out of my budget... but surprisingly, she's super affordable for bridal. Win!

And finally, on a crafty note, I finished the first of three feather fascinators for me and my 'maids. It was definitely a learning experience... super glue is sticky!! Maybe next time I'll take some in-between photos and do a quick process post. Perhaps it might be interesting to someone out on the internet. Anyway, here's what it looks like:


We might have to get creative with how to keep it on Robin's head, since she has short hair and I made it as a comb... bobby pins ftw?

So much stuff to think about...

No comments:

Post a Comment