Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Busy with DIY

Been keeping busy the last few weeks putting (aka gluing and taping) stuff together. With as many things as I want to do myself with this wedding, the last thing I want is to leave everything until the night before. Nope. Anything I can do now, I am doing.

I've finished two projects so far: fascinators (of which I had one done about a month ago) and bouquets. First, the finished fascinator that I'll be wearing:


I rather like how it turned out with the fiery colors. Now I have something to take with me the next time I get my hair done and have my stylist play with it. Yay! I've also contemplated making a fourth fascinator for Dana, our officiant, in yellow and white.

Then, I also made four bouquets (three for the party, one for throwing). I'm pretty sure these are going to be the only flowers at the wedding, but that could change.


I made them with: calla lilies (white and yellow), white cymbidium orchids, yellow Asiatic tiger lilies, plumeria, white goose biot feathers, stripped yellow coque tail feathers, and dark red hackle feathers. Wrapping the stems was a pain!!

I also got samples for paper and envelopes in the mail the other day, so now I can make a test run of the vellum mobile I mentioned last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment